11 Fun Friday Games to Boost How Employee Health and Wellness
Playing fun workplace games on Fridays can help you break up the day, relieve tension, and eliminate creativity blocks. Work often gets stressful, so these Friday games might help you ease that stress and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
By the time Friday comes around, everyone wants to relax. So, don’t you think having a little fun at work can be exciting and productive?
Playing amusing games as a team or as part of a project will help break down barriers among team members. You can, therefore, host many entertaining games and activities, such as charades or ping pong, to refresh your mind and eliminate stress. You might want to host these activities towards the weekend to promote a fun and stress-free work atmosphere.
Why Do You Need to Have a Fun Friday at Work?
Well, it’s no secret that having a fun-filled Friday can lead to engagement by involving employees in the activities. But do you know, it secretly has health benefits too?
Yes! When you mix in some fun at work, you're more likely to get certain health advantages, such as:
- Better mental health and happiness.
- Increased efficiency.
- Job satisfaction improved as stress levels decreased.
- enhanced social integration and higher work involvement
- Improved individual, team, and organizational resilience.
- Low absenteeism rates.
Friday workplace events are great morale enhancers; they help in teamwork, communication, connection development, getting to know one another, and creating lifetime memories.
In contrast to a setting where it's all work and no play, a workplace where employees can relax, unwind, and have a stress-free time without losing productivity would provide better outcomes. And It's easy to achieve this by creating top-notch enjoyable games.
Not only team-building activities, but you can involve health challenges in your fun Friday trivia and motivate your employees to stay fit and adopt healthier lifestyles.
Fun Friday Games to Play at Office
Here are some of the greatest fun Friday activities for your workers that you may plan. These are enjoyable and contribute to employee health and well-being.
1. Squat Challenge:
Squats are simple to perform and require no special equipment or space. You may begin by doing it among your team members and later include all your staff.
How to do it:
- You can gather your team and ask them to do a minimum number of squats as a challenge.
- You can keep track of everyone's squat count with our VFit squat tracking app.
- The one with the maximum number of squats wins. Reward them with exciting gifts.
Suggested Read: 30 Day Squat Challenge- Track Your Growth
2. 7-minute Workout Challenge:
The 7-minute workout comprises twelve high-intensity body-weight movements that must be completed in order. It is gaining popularity among people all around the world since it can be accomplished in such a short amount of time.
How to do it:
- Everyone participating in this challenge can use the 7-minute workout challenge feature in the Vfit app to complete this task.
- The one completing all the exercises perfectly and without a pause wins.
Suggested Read: The 7 Minute Workout: Quick, Effective, and Fun
3. Office Scavenger Hunt:
Scavenger hunts are one of the most successful fun Friday office activities for getting workers to engage and cooperate. Thanks to cellphones and apps, scavenger hunts can now be done anywhere, and this little game can be a great destresser for you and your team.
How to Play:
- To begin, make a list of goods that groups must collect together or activities they must perform as a team.
- One clue leads to another when each assignment is completed, leading the teams towards the final trophy or prize.
- The team that finds the most trophies wins the game.
4. Biking Challenge:
Cycling daily can benefit both our physical and emotional well-being. However, stepping out of our comfort zone and taking on a particularly demanding job that forces us to work even harder could be beneficial.
How to Play:
- You can ask employees to bring their bicycles (if they have one) to the office that day.
- You may ask them to cycle some miles within a particular time frame.
- Ask them to use a fitness app to track their miles.
- And the one with the highest miles on their track board wins.
5. Never Have I Ever:
"Never have I ever" is a fun game to get to know new people. It's not only about getting to know new people but also fun to do with coworkers. You can uncover funny and surprising facts about someone you thought you knew well, which will help in team-building and bonding.
How to Play:
- Each participant raises five fingers in the air. Then, one by one, each person speaks about having done something they've never mentioned before. For example, "Never have I ever driven a car."
- Anyone who has done the mentioned acts places their finger on the table, and the winner is the individual still holding their fingers up at the end of the game.
6. Water Challenge:
There is no doubt that water is an important source of health in everyone's lives. Staying hydrated is important, especially when working, because you might often forget to drink water amidst the pressing work schedules. A water challenge, or more specifically, a drinking water challenge, is an exciting endeavor that is both enjoyable and healthful.
How to Play:
- Decide the challenge’s rules by Setting the water intake frequency and the liters over 24 hours.
- Ask everyone to get a water bottle with accurate measurements to track how much water they’re drinking. To avoid missing the challenge, ask them to set up reminders on their phone.
- You can use various apps to track your and your team member’s water intake. And everyone is a winner here since you all got hydrated.
Suggested Read: Water Challenge: A Step towards a Healthy Lifestyle
This entertaining Friday game is a classic bonding activity. But before dismissing this as overly conventional, you might consider adding your workplace twists by replacing movie titles with phrases like "client deadlines, night shift, and quarterly reports," and more. You can always include fun activities to make your team laugh.
How to Play:
- A team is given a movie title, and players communicate it to their teammates with hand movements without saying anything or pointing to anything.
- If the team can guess the movie correctly, they earn a point; if they don't, the opposite side wins a point.
- The team with the most points is the winner.
8. Team Sports Challenge:
Organizing a sports event amongst your employees is an excellent approach to promoting healthy competition and workplace wellness. Get the blood flowing in the organization. You could wish to book a whole day for this, or You may do it over several days, possibly at lunch breaks or on weekends.
How to Play:
- You can play outdoor or field sports like soccer, volleyball, or extreme frisbee. If you don't have the space to play anything like this, you might want to choose an indoor sport. All these games should be played according to their conventional rules.
Ping-pong, sometimes known as table tennis, is a popular indoor activity in offices, and it takes up a minimal amount of room while providing wonderful exercise.
How to Play:
- You can divide your staff into two teams, say "Red" and "Blue."
- You can now play this game with its existing set of rules.
Ping pong, in our experience, can become fairly intense amongst players, so be careful!
A foosball table is a nice choice for a sport if you want something gentler that takes up even less room. It is ideal for 2-8 players at a time and lends itself nicely to tournaments and leagues, even though it is not physically strenuous.
Yoga is also a great cardiac workout to do at work. Certain yoga positions for the office might be beneficial to your heart. Also, yoga can be an excellent technique to assist your team in concentrating on their minds and bodies. It not only improves attention and energy levels but also aids in the physical well-being of your staff.
Vantage Fit- An Employee Wellness and Corporate Wellness Platform
Our employee wellness app, Vantage Fit- An Employee Wellness & Corporate Wellness Platform, makes one of the most well-rounded tools for tracking various activities.
Furthermore, it is an excellent platform enabling users to host corporate wellness programs. Vantage Fit is popular among employees for its various features, including nutrition tracking,mood-o-meter, heart rate monitor, health challenges, step tracker,squat tracker, and fitness rewards.
Your employees may accomplish various health tasks and earn redeemable gift cards, further motivating them to live a better lifestyle. It also raises engagement in wellness activities, as employee well-being is critical to a company's success.
A Word From Us
These were a few games selected from a broad number of activities you might organize for your employees. Employee wellness, after all, is an important aspect of team development and contributes significantly to employee health and well-being.
You can achieve employee satisfaction in various ways, including group health insurance, frequent team-building events, team trips, etc.
Let's not forget that laughing and fun may help relieve stress, foster interpersonal bonding, and boost creativity and invention in the face of criticism - all of which are essential components of a robust corporate culture. So, what’s your plan for this Friday? Try out one of these Fun Friday games, and let us know how it goes.
Vantage Fit - A complete AI-Powered Solution for seamless implementation of your Corporate Wellness Program to nurture a healthy and engaged workforce