How To Plan An Employee Wellness Survey & 15 Vital Questions
At the heart of the necessity for every change is better results. Therefore, every development should be carefully planned and executed. For this reason, proper follow-up measures are a must for any plan to ascertain its viability.
In this regard, surveys are incredibly helpful in gathering relevant feedback to judge a program’s effectiveness. Nowadays, these employee surveys can focus on almost every business aspect. Thus, enters the crucial employee wellness surveys.
Employee wellness surveys gather insight into the performance of the vital corporate wellness plan. These surveys pick up feedback from the employees on what works and what doesn’t. It helps companies ascertain the employee’s needs and plan a better wellness plan for the future.
Corporate Wellness Surveys also help find the best work-life balance, determine faults in the system, improve employee satisfaction, etc. All of these are crucial in framing a better-unified wellness regime.
Now, understanding all these can be a tedious process. It is why a proper survey is vital to derive the best results. To help you do this better, here is how you plan an employee wellness survey.
How To Plan An Employee Wellness Survey
1. The Questions
An integral part of all surveys are the questions. The survey questions must be easy to grasp and quickly understandable by your employees. It will be easier if you cite out your objectives for the survey beforehand.
For example, in an employee wellness survey, the questions should primarily answer the following issues.
- How effective is the current wellness plan for employees?
- How well are the employees using the wellness plan?
- The expectations of your employees with the corporate wellness program.
- Is there a need for a new employee wellness program?
The next step after determining which questions to ask is to communicate the same effectively. It means proper deploying of the survey, precise feedback mechanism, and examining the input.
Nowadays, an employee survey tool can help facilitate these aspects effectively and efficiently for a study. These tools are useful for deriving and studying the feedback received by the employees. The user-friendliness, cost-effective, and efficient nature of these platforms make it a big hit in surveys.
After you decide on the matters mentioned above, give the respondents enough time to fill their responses. It can be a day or two, depending on the length of the survey.
3. Better Accessibility
Surveys are not particularly an exciting task for your workforce. Things are even worse when the study is accessible only through limited platforms. It adds to the employee’s unwillingness to participate as it involves more work.
Therefore, you must make your survey easily accessible through different platforms. Also, keep the survey short to speed up the process from an employee’s point of view.
4. Feedback Loop
The next step after procuring the answers is studying the answers and understanding what is working and what is not. It is important to organize the inputs for a better interpretation. This will boost the readability of the data anc help make better decisions.
For example, you can organize the answers based on gender, employee activeness, recommendations, etc. You can also list down the activities according to likes/dislikes of the employees, etc.
5. Implement and Follow-Up
After you have a fair idea of your wellness plan’s performance, you must immediately draw new plans to cut out the negatives. The revised policy must follow how the employees feel a wellness plan should be.
It is because your wellness plan needs to satisfy your employee’s needs and no one else. After careful consideration and implementation, be sure to follow-up to measure the results.
Going through these steps will make for a fruitful employee wellness survey for your organization. Here, as discussed above, it is also essential to ask the right questions in the study. So, here are 15 of the vital questions you should have in your corporate wellness survey.
15 Essential Employee Wellness Survey Questions
- In a number from 1 to 10, how likely are you to endorse us to your relatives to work with us?
- In a points table from 1 to 10, how important is the employee wellness program in your employment package?
- Do you think our wellness program is helping your health?
- How active are you daily?
- Jot down the wellness activities you participate in every day.
- Note down the activities you wish to include in our program.
- How often do you opt for snacks during office hours?
- Details about the current insurance plan
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how affected are you with workplace stress in your personal life?
- Will you be interested in an office wellness program during work hours?
- Do you have any medical conditions?
- Do you consume tobacco, alcohol?
- Do you consume any anxiety medications?
- List your recommendations for our wellness program.
- Is there any company’s particular wellness program you admire? If yes, which and why?
These were a few of the questions that will help you understand your stand regarding your wellness program. It will also help you ascertain what your employees want and if you can accommodate those wishes.
A proper employee wellness survey will get you a firm grasp on where you are now and where you must go. If utilized correctly, it can guide you forward towards employee wellness glory. Furthermore, it will also help you understand your workforce better.
Abiding by the steps and questions above should get you started on the right foot.
Vantage Fit - A complete AI-Powered Solution for seamless implementation of your Corporate Wellness Program to nurture a healthy and engaged workforce